Experience and Professionalism
The Microgrid team brings decades of combined renewable energy and energy efficiency experience to your project. Our staff includes licensed Professional Engineers and trained technicians. Whether you are working with our office personnel, engineers, or our installers, you can count on top-notch professionalism from start to finish.
Microgrid Energy offers expertise across the three paths to achieving optimum energy performance and reduced energy consumption and cost – Onsite Renewables; Energy Efficiency, and Optimized Operations. Whether your project is renewables focused, or whole-building focused, we ensure that the particular circumstances of each client are considered, that the comparative costs and benefits of the appropriate options are understood, and that the best solutions are utilized.
Full Service Renewable Energy & Efficiency Upgrades
The benefit of our turnkey approach means we manage your project from beginning to end, offering a single point of contact and accountability for your system. This includes due diligence, design & engineering, financing, installation, and ongoing system monitoring and maintenance. Our value-added services include identifying and processing financial incentives, facility staff operations training, long-term maintenance contracts, and press assistance.
Microgrid recognizes that the primary barrier to wider adoption of energy upgrades is the first cost. That is why we are committed to offering financing alternatives that greatly reduce or eliminate the initial costs while customizing project cash flow to suit your resources.
An effective and enduring transition to clean energy requires that industry professionals devote time to community awareness and education. That is why all of us at Microgrid have committed to taking an active role in related local and national organizations, and to participating in a variety of educational efforts. Learn about our Affiliations.
Microgrid is committed to consistently delivering the highest level of service to every one of our clients. Our commitment is delivered through a rigourous Quality Assurance program that addresses workplace safety, risk management, personnel training, equipment selection, workmanship, financial accountability, and ethical behavior.
- Company health and safety manual
- Company Safety Officer
- Field staff are OSHA-10 or OSHA-30 trained for construction site safety
- Sales staff with NABCEP-level sales training
- Solar site assessment
- Solar financial modeling
- Building system integration
- All field crews managed by NABCEP-Certified Solar Installers
- Continuing professional education for sales, technical, and field personnel
Quality Projects and Workmanship
- Observance of the Microgrid Solar Design Guide for all projects
- Peer review of installation standards
- Adherence to industry best practices
- Professional Engineer on staff with licensure for every state where work is conducted
- All system designs are reviewed by Licensed Professional Engineers that are also NABCEP-Certified Solar Installers
- Licensed electricians install all systems
- Five-year workmanship warranty
- Top-performing solar equipment
- 25-year equipment warranty
- Selection of Tier-1 equipment – best performing on the market
- Every solar project is delivered with a complete Owner’s Manual
- Warranty program and procedures
- Record drawings and system documentation
Financial Accountability and Risk Management
- Financial statements audited bi-annually, including confirmation of timely tax filings
- Insurance from a Best AAA carrier to the following limits
- General Commercial Liability – $1,000,000 / $2,000,000
- Automobile Liability – $1,000,000
- Worker’s Compensation – $1,000,000
- Excess Liability – $1,000,000
- Excellent corporate credit rating
Ethics and Corporate Citizenship
- Company environmental and sustainability policy
- Community service policy and support of nonprofit participation
- Active member in industry trade associations
- Energy benchmark for every solar proposal, so building owners will better understand their overall performance level
- Walk-through energy audit for all solar installation projects, to help building owners define energy opportunities and their next steps to improve energy performance