Microgrid Solar is conceived and operated as a Triple Bottom Line (TBL) company, meaning our activities are oriented towards having a positive impact upon: People, Planet and Prosperity. Microgrid assesses metrics for all three bottom lines on a quarterly basis, with a goal of achieving equally in all three areas. We believe this approach to doing business is the inevitable next evolutionary stage for the economic sector.
We strive to operate our company in way that is respectful of its employees and which provides a healthy workplace, extensive benefits and a fulfilling work experience for all. Our company looks to play a productive role in the community, by contributing to groups and initiatives that have a positive social impact.
We seek not only to have a positive environmental impact through the services we provide, but also by operating our company as sustainably as possible. As a matter of company policy, Microgrid devotes considerable time and resources towards clean energy education and advocacy in the communities in which we do business.
Read our Corporate Sustainability Policy (PDF)
Like all businesses, Microgrid seeks to be profitable, and to grow the company.
Certified B Corporation
Benefit Corporations are businesses certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. Microgrid has embraced the B Corp certification process, because it provides a well conceived and far-reaching framework for triple bottom line oriented companies to measure their achievements, have them validated by a third party, and compare them to those of peer companies.
The B Corp movement includes over a thousand companies, including the likes of Patagonia and Ben & Jerry’s. Microgrid is excited to be a part of a growing community of businesses working together toward one unifying goal: to redefine success in business. Learn more about B Corporations.
Commitment to Ethical Business Practices
Microgrid has adopted the SEIA Code of Ethics v. 3.22.10 as a basic premise that governs how we conduct business. As a member organization of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), we are committed to protecting the rights of businesses, consumers and users of solar energy systems. We are dedicated to providing safe and effective products, accurate information, and reliable services. As part of these commitments, we will:
- Design, build, install, operate and maintain solar energy systems and system components in a manner compatible with public health, safety, and environmental values.
- Honestly represent the cost, capabilities and performance of solar products.
- Employ well‐trained personnel to provide current, correct, and understandable product information.
- Offer and honor clear, understandable warranties that comply with all applicable regulations.
- Be responsive to consumer suggestions and complaints and perform servicing and repairs in a professional and timely manner.
- Conform to the law and intent of federal, state, utility, and local incentives and fairly represent the impact of such incentives to potential purchasers.
- Provide accurate counsel and advice to consumers with regard to business practices.
- Accurately and honestly represent our primary business category and relevant revenue for purposes of SEIA membership.
- Support the mission and goals of SEIA and the Solar Bill of Rights.